I finished the outline for the pirate story and have been working on the character sheets, which goes back and forth between being one of my favorite things to do and one of my least favorite things to do. I’m kind of chomping at the bit to start writing the story but am doing my best to wait until the characters and research are finished so I don’t have to go back and do a rewrite.
Scrivener is, as always, an amazing asset. The ability to move scenes and chapters around if I think they’ll be better somewhere else is wonderful, and the fact that I can have all my research and character sheets in one place is even better. I’ve gotten pretty good at navigating around it with the keyboard too! If my editor and publishing process didn’t use MS Word, I’d use the compose mode but I don’t want to write an entire novella in Scrivener just to have to transfer it to Word later and possibly lose my formatting.
As far as editing this work in progress, I’ve decided I’m going to use my editor Carly again. She’s awesome and we really clicked during the editing of Detective’s Brother so I trust her with this one as well. It’s going to be published a little differently, though, so she’ll be able to get it finished quickly with her usual sharp eye.
Speaking of Detective’s Brother, now that the edits are finished and uploaded I can get it to the proofreader for the final read. Then it’s off to formatting and finally publishing it! It really has evolved since I wrote it and I’m very pleased with the finished story. I think I’ll be able to take what I’ve learned from Carly and rewrite Framed a lot more effectively.
The book cover concept has also been approved and as soon as we get that my designer will finish it up and get it sent off. It looks really nice and I can’t wait to see how it looks stacked up on a table at a book fair. I guess I’d better practice my fancy author’s signature!